The Creamiest White Bean Hummus


I used to think I didn’t like hummus. For years I would turn it down at parties and restaurants. But that was because I had only ever tried store-bought hummus. I’m not a fan of pre-packaged hummus at all and have never found a brand I enjoy. To me, it has an unusual aftertaste. Homemade hummus, on the other hand, is fantastic. It’s also incredibly easy to make and you might already have all of the ingredients on hand. The whole thing comes together in no time with a food processor.


Standard hummus recipes use chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans. The skins give hummus a slightly grainy texture that is off-putting to some. I remember reading an article a few years ago about how to make the perfect hummus. The secret? Peeling the skin off of every single garbanzo bean. I tried that exactly once. Never again. Who has time for that?

I have a simpler method for silky smooth hummus that takes no time at all: white beans. White beans have a much softer skin that purees perfectly into hummus and has an even better flavor than chickpeas, in my opinion. Try this version. You’ll be glad you did!



Creamy White Bean Hummus

Total Time: 5 minutes
Yields: Approximately 2 cups

Ingredients:
- 1 14.5 ounce can cannelloni beans
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup water
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- optional: toasted pine nuts for garnish
- optional: chopped fresh parsley for garnish

Directions:
- In a food processor, puree the cannelloni beans, tahini, olive oil, garlic, lemon and water, scraping down the sides once or twice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If using, garnish with parsley, pine nuts and a drizzle of good quality olive oil.

The Creamiest White Bean Hummus Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown